Invasion 3042 Wolf's Dragoons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiter's Discussion

2 posters

Go down

Recruiter's Discussion Empty Recruiter's Discussion

Post  FastCat Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:34 pm

This is the current letter that we are using through the HPG system in-game:

Greetings from Wolf's Dragoons!

Are you looking to get more active and be in a successful faction with numerous pilots and great allies willing to help out where needed? Wolf's Dragoons is currently looking for more players to increase our player base. we've won over 35+ invasions against our current enemies, while only losing a dozen. We have been more than holding our own against a faction 5 times our size and another equal in size to us. We're a great, strong, successful faction with great players, almost all of whom are active in chat on a daily basis. So if your bored, and looking for a change...look to Wolf's Dragoons. Reply here or in chat, find any WD member.

-Nomad

...and I had suggested to Nomad that we do something a little bit more elaborate on the message-board here and then we can simply send the direct-link to the message-board recruitment message through in-game HPG.

...I didn't really have anything more concrete in the way of ideas than that, so I figured I'd post this here for brainstorming efforts from any who have ideas.

MindWarp is really well-versed in the pre-3042 history of IS from canon, and maybe we could use some of that as a "proud and distinguished history of the Wolf's Dragoons" sort of blurb? Tie it in with the invasion3042 backstory thing even - "Our leadership was gutted in 3042 by a coward who hurled nukes from orbit, but we have rebuilt ourselves, stronger, leaner, meaner" - that sort of thing?

I have also been dawdling with some graphics for unit-insignia. I can post some of that stuff here if anyone is interested.

That's all I can think of - please post-up any thoughts or ideas you have, everyone?
FastCat
FastCat

Back to top Go down

Recruiter's Discussion Empty Re: Recruiter's Discussion

Post  ChiefJustice Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:34 pm

great ideas:)
i have nothing to add... but some questions:
1st: where are the graphics? could use one;)
2nd: as, according to game rules, the HPG-system should be used for RPG, i made a short text and would really like it if you could comment it;)

-put in here an excerpt from the story (the one with the dropship full of nuclears hitting the mountain)-
Although the dead of Jamie Wolf and his staff as a uniting factor against the clans had nearly torn apart the whole IS, as it has to be in a Wolfpack when the leader is dead,instantly a new leader takes command. So as it has to be, a new leader showed up and General John Clavell took command of the temporary headless dragoon-units... Under his command the Dragoons rebuilt their command-structure, recovered their lines of command, contacted the spreaded units out there on different worlds, increased air- and space-security to the max, got nearly paranoid... but made sure that such an incident would never happen again... Outreach was nearly abandoned for some years but then the dragoons returned, strenghthened by the assimilation of smaller merc-units (only the best were allowed to join and had to pass a (here put in some fitting words, maybe "fierce"??) test of BV, strength and loyality... the few that passed were allowed to join the ranks of {WD}, bringing new cultures, new tactics, new faces, new fighting styles and traditions with them... One of these traditions is, that new soldiers, willing to take part in the tests of approval are allowed to ask for permission to join the tests all time. This is why all interested mercenaries are invited to join us in our fight. We do not make any advertisment, our dheroic actions are well known throughout the galaxy, so if you want to find out if you are worth being part of one of the greatest mercenary units, ask via HPG for a permission to land on one of our planets to take part in the test... You can aso try to sneak in, to show us your skills, but as said above, this would be the VERY hard way...

sooo, this could be a possible way of writing something like this... sorry for the sometimes unsuilable word, comments are demanded;) as it's late at night here the spelling could surely be better, so feel free and write some answers:)

ChiefJustice

Back to top Go down

Post  FastCat Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:08 pm

ChiefJustice wrote:

sooo, this could be a possible way of writing something like this... sorry for the sometimes unsuilable word, comments are demanded;) as it's late at night here the spelling could surely be better, so feel free and write some answers:)

Thanks for the feedback Chief! I'll work on spelling and punctuation and re-post when I have some time to play with it.
FastCat
FastCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum